Glamorous Lengths Ltd (GL Hair, Us, We) gather and utilise personal information in accordance with the below privacy notice and within the requirements of GDPR.
The following provides you with information regarding your rights and provides advice on how we manage your data.
Glamorous Lengths Ltd registered office: 35 Ballards Lane, London N3 2DL
Company registration no: 07835498
We are the controller of your personal data and we process your personal information in line with legal obligations and to provide services and products to you. We have processes in place to avoid collecting non-required personal data from you and do not process your information in a way that is different from what is outlined below.
The personal data that we collect from is: –
- Email address
- Telephone/mobile number
- Call Recordings of calls made to our customer services team
- When you registered online at our website
- When taking notes during job interviews
- Requesting information to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK
- Your employment history (CV)
- IP Address (via analytics)
- Data on how you use our website (via analytics)
- Your approximate location data based on your IP address (via analytics)
- When processing telephone orders we take your card details – we do not store this information and have strict policies and training to ensure your card details are not stored. We abide by PCI-DSS security standards for transmission of payments.
All online monetary transactions are completed externally and we have no access to your financial data.
We collect information in the below ways: –
- When you register online
- Dealing with enquiries either by phone, email or face to face
- When you provide services to us (Contractors)
- When you apply for a position with our organisation
We attribute the utmost importance to your privacy and we commit to never disclose, share or sell your data without consent, unless lawfully required (see Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information). Retention of your data is only for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your identity data to provide you with the products that you have ordered
- We collect the data about how you use our website to enable us improve your browsing experience and maintain and improve the security of our website. This is based on our legitimate interests to maintain security and make our site easy to use.
- We also process your data based to comply with UK tax law
- For our newsletter and promotional marketing emails. Each email we send you will include the facility to unsubscribe from the service. At this point we will delete all your personal data from our marketing database, and if we do not have any legal basis any other information held about you (If you have ordered from us previously we have to keep some personal data). When we delete your information we maintain some anonymised information to comply with the law so that we have a record of your request.
- We collect your data when you promote or sell your services and products to us.
- Via cookies to assess and improve our security and improve user experience
- Via Social Media, when you contact us to answer your questions
- When you apply for a job with us, to assess your suitability for the role
- When you provide identity data having been offered a position with us
We process data based on the following legal basis:
- When you buy something from us or make enquiries regarding our products – Performance of a Contract
- Where you provide services to us (Contractors) – Performance of a Contract
- Where we keep records of sales – Legal Obligation
- Where you request promotional emails and newsletters – Consent
- Where, as clients we send you promotional emails and newsletters – Legitimate Interests to promote our business.
- Where we use information from your usage of the site (via cookies) – Legitimate Interests
- Where you engage with us via Social Media – Legitimate Interests / Negotiating a Contract
- When we process your data as part of our recruitment process, we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in doing so to ensure an effective recruitment process.
- When processing data related to your eligibility to work in the UK we do this on the basis of our legal obligation
- When we process special category data as part of our recruitment process this is to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment. All special category data is subject to additional security measures.
Whenever we use legitimate interests as our legal basis for processing, we always undertake a testing process to ensure that our legitimate interests do not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
You reserve the right of access to any personal information that Glamorous Lengths Ltd processes about you and to request the information that we hold
If you believe that the data we hold is not accurate, you reserve the right to ask us to update that information.
You reserve the right to withdraw consent for our newsletter, by clicking on the unsubscribe option in all marketing material we send.
Under certain circumstances (depending on the legal basis we are using to process your data) you also have the right to restrict use of your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to refuse direct marketing from GL Hair.
If you would like to us to undertake any actions based on your rights, we will require you to confirm your identity.
We do not share or disclosure your personal information, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Glamorous Lengths Ltd uses the companies we partner with to provide services and functions,
In addition, we also share your data for these services:
- For the purposes of IT Support and Security
- For order processing
- For accounting purposes
- For Communication purposes
- For the purposes of customer support
We may share your data with a 3rd party as part of the due diligence afforded to any company wishing to invest in or buy our company.
GL Hair do not store credit / debit card details or your financial information
GL Hair use third party payment processors Stripe, PayPal, Payl8r and Klarna, for all payment processing. GL Hair does not store credit card details and instead relies on the third-party payment processor in the previous list of companies for this service.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
Pay in 3
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Glamorous Lengths Ltd, however, as some of this information is required as part of our registration and ordering process, you will not be able to order products without providing this.
Glamorous Lengths Ltd have strict review and retention policies in place to meet our obligations and we only retain personal data for as long as is for the purposes we have specified. UK tax law requires us to keep your personal data for a 6-year period (plus current year) after which time it will be destroyed.
Where we have your consent for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us to withdraw your consent.
Where you have applied for a position within the organisation, we destroy all CV’s and associated communication 6 months after the position has been filled. In some circumstances we may want to keep your details for a longer period, at which point we will write and ask